Sunday, November 23, 2008

Please help if you can

As many of us know, foreclosure is becoming a serious problem. With mounting job loss, increased difficulty obtaining credit and growing debt;many families are in trouble.
My family is one of those. Those of you that are close to me know that it took a lot of thought and consideration to reach the point of asking for this kind of help. My moms house is one of those at risk. It was purchased by my grandparents in the 60's and has always been a wonderful home to all of us off and on through the years. In the late 90's it was remortgaged for a renovation it desperately needed.
Unfortunately, due to unemployment and mounting bills my mom is now holding things together by a thread. She has always been super woman-providing for everyone and always doing whatever it took to make sure we all had what we needed. Through the extended illness of both my grandparents and their eventual passing, money trouble big or small and various other family crises, she has always found a way. Even through this difficult time, there is always a place at her table for anyone that may stop by. Her strength and optimism continue to amaze me. She is constantly on the job search, constantly looking for new solutions...and constantly running into roadblocks and difficulties. Many people think if you're in this situation, you must not be trying hard enough. I am learning first hand that this is untrue. There are "help" organizations, but it seems they are extremely difficult to get that help from. My mom is the best person I know. She has spent my entire life thinking of and taking care of people other than herself. I want to try and provide her with some help now. I wish I could do more, but unfortunately I am stuck with my own rent. We are all pouring our pennies together, but it just seems futile. It is time to take action!
Any little bit will help. I know many of us are not in a place to donate money, if you are; click on the donate button and if not; thank you for reading and please pass this on.
If we are able to meet my mom's need: i.e. if this is successful-I would like to keep it running, donating all additional funds to other families in need; either directly or through an assistance organization.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to leave them. Just remember to include an email address if you would like me to get back to you.
Thank you sooo much for taking the time to read this. Please pass it on.

4 comments:

Anna Hewett said...

Dear Jessica,
I just donated and I'm going to pass the link on to as many people as I possibly can. I wish I could give more . . .
Much love,
Anna H.

Rob Eastman-Mullins said...

J,

Glad to help as we're able.

Love,

RE-M

Anneliese H Zemp said...

: )

Az

Anonymous said...

Jessica
I have made a donation, if there is anymore I can help with call me. I will be more than happy to help as much as possible.
Love You
Judy H.